Monday, January 10, 2011

Cup of cold water.

So, it's been awhile since I posted.
Obviously...  I'VE GONE BACK TO WORK!! :)
The days of me sitting in my chair recovering are behind me now -- which is both amazing and overwhelming to me.

Last week was the 3 month mark of the surgery date and my BEST WEEK YET!
What a blessing to have more energy, the ability to last longer than 4 or 5 hours at the office, and to get back to exercising.
Sometimes I still "crash", but these days, the rebound is an hour or so instead of the rest of the day.  Yahoo!!
I've been calling this return to "normal" a journey and I continue to be grateful to be wherever I might be today on that road.

Last week also held the opportunity for me to have 3 different conversations with folks who have either had the Whipple or have been told they need to have this surgery.  Each time, I was undone by the Grace I have been shown -- to be where I am in my recovery so that I can now be the one supporting and encouraging.  That's what survival is all about right?  It's not just about getting thru, but rather it provides us the chance to gather up all the moments...
    
      moments of fear &
      moments of wonder,
      moments of not being able to see the forest for the trees &
      those brief moments of deep and glorious clarity,
      and there are those moments we know exactly what's happening next &
      hundreds of moments when all we know is that we hope we make it to tomorrow.

and then, while holding them close to our hearts, we make these moments available to others in our open hands.

I wonder what you've survived?  What kind of moments full of pain, grief, loss, or inconvenient reality have you slogged your way thru and now, because of your journey, you have something completely different to offer those around you?  Are you offering?  Or are you just glad you made it?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing to be grateful...
     but one of the things gratitude can do for us
     is allow us the chance to pick someone else.

And every time we decide that our "making it" was never supposed to be just about us, the most glorious part of our survival breaks thru.
Just like a cold cup of water on the hottest of days.

If your'e reading this -- you've been sharing the journey with us these past 3 months and we are so grateful!  Thanks -- for the prayers and the support, and...
the hundreds of cups of cold water!

Blessings,
Suze
        

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I am more than grateful for the experiences that have equiped me to reach out to others with a personal understanding. I would like to say, "Enough, already!" (To God) but I know that there is more to come. I am scared, and excited, and grateful to see what is next. You have stretched me, Suze Fair. Grateful.

    ReplyDelete