Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Keep your lifejacket on!

So, yesterday I headed back to the office.  
For a few hours -- just to get my feet back in the water.
I wanted to be a part of my team's weekly meeting, go to staff lunch, and maybe stay for another meeting.
It was good to be back among these people who I love and am honored to serve with.
The team I'm a part of is hilarious -- I have really missed laughing with them over the goofiest of things.
They also challenge me, every time I'm with them, to think about things differently, to be creative, to access a new way of offering whatever it is I might have to offer!
It was good to be back.
I got to stay for lunch and the meeting right after.
I came home early, rested and worked a little bit more and felt really good about the milemarker I hit.
And then,last night...
I hit a wall.
Hard.
I told Kelly it felt like I was falling down a hole -- my energy was totally gone and I couldn't get to the couch fast enough.  Sleeping thru the night was illusive and the morning brought even more challenges.
But, I leveled out as the day progressed and I'm able to say that once again, I'm learning things about myself (right lessons aren't necessarily easy ones).
And I'm still grateful... 
This is my friend Ali wearing a lifejacket-joyfully!
for my progress, 
for a job to go back to,
for a laptop and a comfy chair 
to work from,
and that it's OK to jump back into the water...
just keep your lifejacket on 
at all times.

A friend shared this quote today... 
           Pause and consider your day. 
          What seeds from God might be coming to you that you don't want to miss?  
                                                              - Peter Scazzero

While I have LOTS of opinions, there's a lot I don't know -- I'm the first one to tell you that!  But what I do know is that God is always talking, teaching, showing, guiding, correcting, challenging, loving, and planting seeds.  
I bet your day didn't go quite the way you planned it either.  Whatever came up, I hope as you're able to look back over your shoulder at it, you'll be able to see the "good for you" moment -- they're everywhere you know.  Moments that are for our good.  And sometimes they even look like running out of energy and having to stop!
Have a great Thursday!
Suze


 

1 comment:

  1. Suze, We know exactly where you are at this point. I could always see it in Brock's face first. And I would say, "OK, you are getting tired. It's time to quit what you are doing and take it easy!" Somehow I knew it before he did. It is amazing, isn't it, how long this recovery is. Makes us appreciate the miracle of this surgery and Dr. Y even more.
    Thinking of you and continually praying for your daily milestones.

    ReplyDelete