Friday, December 3, 2010

Miraculous.

You know, I think a lot of us have given up on miracles in our lives and the lives of our friends and family.  Maybe we've been waiting a long time for an answer, the money is just about gone, the pain has increased to the point of overwhelming, she won't forgive me, or the disease just keeps spreading.  I get it, I understand why we give up and think, "this is all there is", I just don't agree with it. 

The way I understand one, a miracle is when God sets aside the natural order (the way things "ought" to go) and makes a new path in our lives.  So maybe it's more in our perspective, rather than whether life is going our way or not.  Like, my life is hard right now, but I'm NOT getting discouraged, depressed, or hopeless.  My children are still laughing and being silly even though they're scared.  My friend keeps pursuing me, even though I've been a grouch. 

I don't know what your miracles look like, I can only point you to mine...and trust me, they've been PLENTIFUL and I'm grateful for each of them, big and small...
1. I've been home 6 weeks recovering and my biggest concern was boredom, restlessness, or even despair.  Hasn't happened.  God has been so faithful to give me a rhythm for this recovery.
2. Dozens of folks have fed our family during the past 2 months.  Folks from my life now and friends who have known me for over 30 years, taking care of what might seem like a small thing but for a Mom -- the family meal... a big deal.
3. ALL the pre-surgery "taking care of" (Dr's, housecleaning, food, presence with the kids) that God was up to on our behalf.  You know who you are, Jess P., Carol H, Joy S., Becky B., & Amy H.
4. My response to our Community's outpouring of love and support.  I normally like to handle things on my own and then come back and report to everybody how great everything worked out.  Very early in this process, I was aware that we would not be able to operate that way this time -- and actually, I didn't even want to - ever.
5. A very large, non-cancerous tumor in my pancreas.  Now, I have to tell you I'm hesitant to write this, because so many that I know and love are CURRENTLY struggling with the monster I call Cancer.  But for me, this is part of God's plan for me, right now.  But if the pathology would have been different, here's what I know -- God would still have been up to something miraculous.  
6. KellyFair's love. 

That's it for now -- I could go on and on listing the ways I've seen miracles, that is God's power directly applied to my life, these past months. 

One of my favorite quotes is by, all people, Albert Einstein...
"There are only two ways to live your life.  One is though nothing is a miracle. 
The other is as though everything is a miracle." 
I like this a lot.
I hope like me, you're days and weeks have been filled with absolutely unexplainable MIRACLES.
And when you see them, you're able to stand on the spot that a miracle-sighting creates...
GRATITUDE.

Have a great weekend!
Suze

1 comment:

  1. Miracles? Yes! I see 'em, too!
    I love you Suze

    ReplyDelete