Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Feasting.

So today started slow and then slowed down a little from there.
But I'm learning that this is the pace & rhythm of my recovering body.
My mind has quite figured it out yet.
We did head back up North to the Docs and got the "grenade" pulled (yahoo! 1 less tube poking out of me) and then Mom & Dad "suzesat" while Kelly went to the office for the first time since surgery.
We also found out at the Doc that I have an infection (kind of common one from all the stuff done to me) that was diagnosed in the hospital but untreated.  Sooo....I started on an antibiotic and am hoping to feel better in a day or so.  The common thinking is that this untreated "pest" is why I've been having so many low-energy days in a row.  Oh the body...it wants to heal itself, sometimes it just needs a little help.

Today though really, has been a day of surprises -- nothing earth-shattering, just two more indicators of the God who's had this whole thing covered.
Suprise1: Just a few moments ago, I was thinking, hmmm...what will we eat tonight?  The community has been so generous, so we could do leftovers, use one of the gift cards, or just everybody fend for him/herself -- when a couple from FMC pulls up front (MANY miles from their home) and hauls in BAGS of food & homemade soup.  Wow.  Such generosity and right on time.
Suprise2:I opened up my email and found a message from my high school basketball coach, reminding me that he was one of the first ones I asked to "look at this thing on my  neck", all those years ago right before the very first diagnosis.  I have seen him off and on over the years as he has continued to coach and is in the community - but this email was a reminder to me that God has always provided the right people at the right time in my journey -- whether I was a not-so-scrawny freshmen or middle-aged mother of 3.  God has ALWAYS known exactly what I need.  Coach and his wife have signed up to bring us a meal too -- amazing.  He's threatening popcorn -- I hope Judy's cooking!!
I don't know how God surprised you today -- but I bet He did.
And when you see it for what it is -- I bet you'll be feasting just like we are tonight!!
Happy Wednesday All!
Suze

2 comments:

  1. It's really nice to read your thoughts again. We all have missed having our friend "Suze" in our midst. Kel has done a great job communicating on your behalf. And as much as we love Kelly, we missed hearing your heart too. Even though it's slow going, we are glad you are "going." Love you lots and pray for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that reminder about God knowing exactly where we need to be, who we need to encounter, and what we need at all times. What a comfort! Thank you Suze ~big hug~

    SO glad you got the drain taken out! I hate those things.

    ReplyDelete