Friday, October 29, 2010

Progress.

You know, I've spent my fair share of time in my life wishing something wasn't - or was.  Either way, this way of thinking can be dangerous for me.  It keeps me from seeing what's right there...smack in front of my face, which is usually exactly the right thing - for me.
This morning I woke up wishing I was 100%.
That I could go on that campus visit with our oldest, 
that my sister didn't have to come all the way out here (although I know she is glad to do it), that my parents weren't worried, that Kelly wasn't concerned about going to back to work, that...
Well, you get where my mind went.
But the truth is, while I'm making great progress, it's just that - progress. A little bit at a time.
Soon, before we know it, I'm trusting, I'll be back.
But until then, it's one breath in and then one breath out.
Just now, Dawn and I were listening to music, reading, and chatting, and this (one of my all time favorites) came on the radio...


Water you turned into wine.
Opened the eyes of the blind.
There's noone like you, none like you.
Into the darkness you shine.
Out of the ashes we rise, 
There's noone like you, none like you.
Our God is greater, our God is stronger,
God you are higher than any other.
Our God is healer, awesome in power,
Our God, our God.


He's the one who decides what, when, where.
I trust that about Him and so much more.
So, me I'm gonna take my progress as it comes and chose gratitude for it.  
As always, hope you're aware of what you're needing and God's provision of exactly that.
Enjoy the Sunshine!! :)
Suze

2 comments:

  1. Hey you! Sorry you can't go to Ben's campus visit. It will be nice for Ben & Kel to have a little male bonding. Missing you today. :-)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you mentioned that song. That was the song Matt kept singing in the hospital a couple weeks ago to get him through. Great promises! He's relating to wanting to be 100% again--soon!
    Keep resting! We'll keep praying! :)

    ReplyDelete