Sunday, October 17, 2010

Recovery -Day 10. Uugh.

Well friends, I'm writing you tonight from my hospital room.
Beauty even in the hospital room - that's me
snoozing (I do that alot) in the background.
The SAME room, with the same bed, same walls, same little bathroom (1954 plumbing?), and the same, well...everything.
But what isn't the same -- thank you LORD! - is that I'm feeling so much better.
Another good day of progress today, for sure.
We haven't seen our surgeon in a couple days (he had the audacity to take time with his family :)!), so in the morning we'll find out what the plan for the next couple days might be and hopefully HOME is a part of that plan.  
I really miss home.  I miss the smells (yep even the stinky dog), the sounds, and the rhythm that is "home".  I'm so grateful for the care I've received here at Parkview Main (let's hear it for the neighborhood hospital) and wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere but here to go through this process -- but still...
My heart is longing for home.
But for now, this is where I am.  The spot where Kelly sleeps beside me in his very own hospital bed every night (he's rather amazing), where I've received such amazing care from nurses like Lisa, Melissa, Sharon, Sheryl, Tyler, Abby, Jen, & Pam, and where my next steps toward healing will be determined.  


Although I surely would have picked a different way...I'm learning a lot about that saying I've heard all my life, but never believed was "for" me... Slow and steady wins the race.
So for now, I'll sign off thanking you for your friendship, your prayers, your emails, notes, flowers, Fall leaves, comments here, texts to Kelly, meals to my children & Amy, and just simply...your care. 
Slowly, steadily...
Suze
In case you forgot...It's not cancer.
Just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. Still praying..still loving you via computers, but knowing God is using that just as effectively as a good old fashioned hug! And yes, still rejoicing in the miraculous words...IT'S NOT CANCER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful...inside and out.....just sayin'. Love you.

    ReplyDelete