Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Awareness.

Today I was reminded that no matter how rough the day might be -- there is someone, somewhere who is fighting thru something bigger.  Doesn't minimize or diminish my story -- just provides perspective that mine is not the only struggle.  I was on Facebook this morning and found the link to a college friend's blog about her current journey thru Cancer.  Months ago, I remember hearing about her diagnosis -- but as often happens, the struggle seemed far off and distant from my own story.  As I read her words today, starting at her diagnosis 9 months ago up until 2 days ago, I became very aware that her story is my story.  Not just the physical, but her journey toward being a good mom when you don't feel good, figuring out how to stay present with your life and not give into the pain, and finding a deeper intimacy with the Heavenly Father.  This Wife and Mom of 6 has been through it all in the last months and yet her battle continues (so much more intense than mine).  As I prayed for Mary and her family I once again encountered a kind of peace that just can't be explained.  Prayer will do that you know, it will help you see beyond yourself into a place where we stand in front of the the only One who can heal any of us AND where we can see that "it" (any of it) was never really about us anyway (that's what's it doing, no matter what your experience with prayer may or may not be).

The past week has been a day after day journey toward recovery.  What an amazing thing 7 short days can be in a body intent on healing (plus, the right medicine ain't a half bad thing either!).  As we move ever closer to Thanksgiving, I'm reminded that no matter how slow I think it's going -- progress is happening!

I'm THANKFUL for the journey - every last day of the past 4 months but especially the last 7 weeks.
Thanks for going on it with us,
Suze 

No comments:

Post a Comment