Friday, November 26, 2010

Full of Thanks.

For my friends fighting the good fight!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving.
But this year, more than any I am so aware that EVERY SINGLE DAY should be Thanksgiving.
I know, I know -- sounds trite, cheesy, naive.
Seriously though, every day could be a day filled with thanksgiving and gratitude -- if we just chose it.
This year there was no traveling for me, so while Kelly's family gathered in OKC & my siblings were with their in-law families in KS & here in Indiana, we had a small gathering, just the 5 of us and my folks, at Mom & Dad's.
It was a great day filled with one of my Mom's beautiful tables settings, too much tastey food, watching football/movies, playing games, and napping.
Ahhh...it was a gift.

Normally, I don't do lists -- they are usually just reminders of things, projects, groceries, meetings I didn't get to.  But in honor of yesterday and already thinking how to best celebrate Advent...

A top 10 Thanksgiving list (in no specific order, except for #10):
1. Creon.  This drug allows me to eat and keep the food in me, long enough to gain some nutrition!
2. Friends.  Folks who have known me either 20+ years or just 2 - have reminded me over and over thru their visits, care, food, and love, that my life has a purpose beyond this current event.
3. Christy Nokels.  This girl can sing and write.  If you haven't listened to her song  "Healing is in Your Hand" - oh baby, you gotta hear it, it will bring perspective to WHATEVER is happening in your life right now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p2yqWFlg60
4. My Mom and Dad.  Every child deserves to be loved as outrageously as I am.  The lavishing I have received (which by the way they are more than willing to share with all children/children in-laws/grandchildren/grandchildren-in laws) these past 2 months has resulted in a shelter for me to heal under. Makes me want to love more outrageously than ever.
5. Eggs.  This simple, elegant, basic source of protein -- which I have not eaten for over 10 years -- is now a dietary staple.  Seems like the rewiring that happened internally shook up more than my digestive system.
6. Doctors W & Y.  These 2 men are known as some of the best in the country and they live in FORT WAYNE, IN.  What?
7. Home.  A place to heal, rest, and recover in safety and peace.  This is a privilege not everyone has access to -- such a blessing.
8. Ben/Katie/Mackenzie.  For being willing to ferociously love their Mother -- in 3 very different ways -- and learn how to access what they need from me in new & creative ways.
9. KellyFair.  This man.  There are not words for me to describe my gratitude for how he has cared for me, fought for me, stood beside me, comforted, sheltered, and protected me.  He has chosen to LOVE me in ways I'm sure he never imagined when he promised to love me in "sickness & in health" nearly 25 years ago.
10. God the Healer.  For nearly 4 years now, I have been growing in my understanding that God has been in the "business" of putting back together everything that's broken inside all His children since Chapter 3 in Genesis.  My Thankfulness for this has only been increased for this Truth over the past 4 months.

Well, that's it, the top 10 things I'm Thankful for.
With yesterday behind us and Christmas around the corner I'm reminded that healing continues for all of us.
And for that, we can all be FULL of THANKS.

Still more than grateful,
Suze

No comments:

Post a Comment