Sunday, November 14, 2010

Worship... with other people.

So today, I got to go back to my church -- a place I really, really love.
And not just because I work there! :) 
This place reminds me that while there are parts of life that are meant to be lived "out there" somewhere, and there are quiet, intimate parts of the journey that I must do all by myself with the Father, 
there are just things that MUST be done in Community! 
To sit next to people you love (even if you don't know them well yet) while you sing, pray, learn, and give is an extraordinary opportunity.  One that I haven't experienced for too many weeks and so today, so grateful to get to be there once again.  If you went to Church this weekend -- I hope it was a great time of gathering and sensing God's goodness.

Tomorrow WE GO TO THE DOCTOR, finally!  Hopefully, no all-night surgery for Dr. Y and we'll make it at the right day and time!  When you think about it, it's an amazing thing for so much of your life to be so deeply connected to someone you don't know really well -- but who you have literally entrusted your life to.  Again, grateful that we have Dr. Y to work with. 

In some crazy turn of events, it's almost Thanksgiving!  And so, in honor of getting my heart and head ready for that holiday -- I'm reminded that's it's good to put words to what I'm Thankful for.
1. A God who believed enough in my potential to make the ultimate sacrifice on my behalf.
2. A family who makes Home, home -- a great place to be for recovery and regrouping (whether you've had surgery or not).
3. A husband who has consistently made good on a nearly 25 year old promise to love & protect me in sickness and in health.
4. A community of people who show me every day what it means to love unselfishly.
5. A big old tumor in my pancreas that was not cancer!

OK, probably more to be thankful for -- but we do have a few days until Turkey-day!!
Hope you have a great Monday!
And don't wait until next weekend to worship!!

More than grateful,
Suze

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO thankful you made it to church!!!! I am SO thankful the tumor was not cancer!!!!

    ReplyDelete